Butterflies and Dragonflies United

This website does not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. The content of this site may be triggering. Browse at your own discretion.

A pro-ana website. We do not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. Browse at your own risk.

Latest topics

Quotes

The perfect diet

lavenderlilacgirl

The perfect diet

Post by lavenderlilacgirl on Sun 27 Jul - 15:12

For months, I have been looking for a perfect diet...the one you drop a shit load of weight for not a lot of work. The diet you can't stop talking about. You know what I mean. Soo... I was wondering what works best for everyone....running a few miles a day and just drinking chocolate milk....anything ..your best diet tips...I am just wondering....
    ButterflyAna

Re: The perfect diet

Post by ButterflyAna on Mon 28 Jul - 1:17

I haven't found a single ultimate, perfect diet. I try something, and then I plateau, so I try something else, then reach a new plateau.

When I lost the most weight was when I was running cross country and eating a somewhat "normal" amount. Small breakfast. Modest lunch. Whatever dinner my parents cooked. I was too exhausted and busy with schoolwork and training that I didn't have time for things like snacks. I probably ate 1500-1800 calories per day, but I lost 15 pounds in that season.

The kind if running we did varied a LOT. We'd do sprints, distance, VO2 Max, long, slow runs, fartleks (change your pace as you run), hills, 400's (run 400 at race-pace, jog 400 for recovery; repeat), and actual race-days. So much running, but it was many different styles of running, too.

Oh, now that I think about it, we also did strength training with weights in the gym, and every now and then TRX workouts.

Part of me thinks I lost weight because I didn't have a choice in doing those exercises. The coach was making us do it.
    TheRoadToPerfection

Post by TheRoadToPerfection on Sun 30 Aug - 11:26

The only thing that really works for me is just severe restriction.
    still_shrinking

Post by still_shrinking on Tue 1 Sep - 9:43

I have been trying to craft the perfect diet that gets you the maximum nutrients (so you don't end up with deficiencies that make you faint so other people get suspicious and angry) but the lowest calories. I'll post it here when I get done if you like Smile Standard disclaimer, I am not a nutritionist
    TheRoadToPerfection

Post by TheRoadToPerfection on Thu 3 Sep - 19:34

still_shrinking wrote:I have been trying to craft the perfect diet that gets you the maximum nutrients (so you don't end up with deficiencies that make you faint so other people get suspicious and angry) but the lowest calories. I'll post it here when I get done if you like Smile Standard disclaimer, I am not a nutritionist

Surely multivitamins?
    still_shrinking

Post by still_shrinking on Fri 4 Sep - 8:19

The trouble with multivitamins is - they don't always absorb, especially if you aren't eating much/anything, and - most of them don't contain all of the vitamins for a number of reasons. In particular a lot don't contain minerals or electrolytes at significantly high levels.
    TheRoadToPerfection

Post by TheRoadToPerfection on Sat 5 Sep - 5:42

Damn, I don't know what to do then as idk if I'm taking enough vitamins :/
    Haricot Vert

Post by Haricot Vert on Mon 14 Sep - 2:23

You can buy electrolyte supplements tho. Magnesium, calcium, potassium and sodium. or like buy sea salt or that no salt stuff and sprinkle it on everything.
    22Lily22

Post by 22Lily22 on Fri 18 Sep - 11:54

There is no such thing as a "perfect diet." That is why the diet industry is such a billion dollar business. *sigh*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov - 11:36