Butterflies and Dragonflies United

This website does not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. The content of this site may be triggering. Browse at your own discretion.

A pro-ana website. We do not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. Browse at your own risk.

Latest topics

Quotes

Hi Everyone

amaretto

Hi Everyone

Post by amaretto on Mon 10 Nov - 11:48

Hi everyone! You can all call me Ama if you'd like. I'm a 19 year old (almost 20) double major at my state university. I'm looking to transfer into a dietetics major because nutrition and helping people out have always been two passions of mine. I've been a vegan for five years and I love to travel the world (been to London, Paris, Israel, the Bahamas, and several US states so far, always looking to travel more). 

A little about my eating habits I suppose. My issues started in the dance company I was in as a child. I was a competitive dancer as a child, as well as heavily involved in other activities like soccer, tennis, gymnastics, swimming, and piano. Dance was my passion though, but due to my other activities I ate like a beast and therefore was the "fat girl" of the class. In retrospect I wasn't, but I was so unhappy with my body that I quit everything except for piano at 12 and started binge eating. I ballooned up to 170 pounds by the time I was 14 and attempted several unsuccessful "healthy" diets. I started restricting on and off starting at 14. I would starve for days and days on end and then binge on a ton of food. The only time I felt in control was when I went vegan and lost 30 pounds in three months. However, the past restriction kept me on a roll and I began to actively search for pro-ana sites. I was involved with many of the "old-school hardcore" sites, which I actually liked because I felt that members were closer and that if you needed an extra nudge it wasn't looked down upon. I took a break when a majority of them got shut down and then joined MPA a few times but never felt very welcome there. 

I hope to see this community grow though!

xoxo
    Ama

Current date/time is Fri 15 Dec - 21:24