Butterflies and Dragonflies United

This website does not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. The content of this site may be triggering. Browse at your own discretion.

A pro-ana website. We do not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. Browse at your own risk.

Latest topics

Quotes

Help me get started

skinnysugar

Help me get started

Post by skinnysugar on Tue 24 Feb - 15:08

I'm kinda new in this pro-ana/mia thing, so I was wondering if you have any tips to get started? I've read many tips here, but I really need some newbie tips?
    aprona

Re: Help me get started

Post by aprona on Sun 5 Apr - 12:25

Get an ana friend Wink
    CoolGurl

Post by CoolGurl on Thu 30 Apr - 5:29

1 Set your goal weights. 
    2 Get a buddy
    3 Set a calorie limit and stick to it. Find a TDEE calculator online. That will tell you how many calories you burn a day. And make a calorie limit based on what 
    you want to lose in a week (If you eat 500 less than that everyday you will lose a pound a week,if you 1000 less calories than that everyday you will lose 2 pounds a week and so on,how fast you want to lose is up to you) 
    4 Become a vegan. It helps weight loss! I swear! And it can also Be used as a reason as to why your eating differently. And be used as an excuse to not eat. 
    5 Exercise at least 30 minutes 6 days a week. It should really be 60 minutes 6 days a week. But 30 is the bare minimum. Make at least 1/2-2/3 of it cardio.
    Antimony

Post by Antimony on Mon 11 May - 17:36

Intermittent fasting is the BOMB. If you can get through most of the day without eating, even eating a gigantic dinner will keep you losing weight. I sometimes struggle to get up to 800-1000 cals, especially when I'm eating vegetarian (I eat meat only around my dad because he hates vegetarians).

I'll volunteer to be a buddy if you're up for it!
    Purrexia

Post by Purrexia on Mon 31 Aug - 17:07

If you mean that you're new to EDs, get out now before it gets horrible Neutral
    TheRoadToPerfection

Post by TheRoadToPerfection on Sun 13 Sep - 17:08

CoolGurl wrote:1 Set your goal weights. 
    2 Get a buddy
    3 Set a calorie limit and stick to it. Find a TDEE calculator online. That will tell you how many calories you burn a day. And make a calorie limit based on what 
    you want to lose in a week (If you eat 500 less than that everyday you will lose a pound a week,if you 1000 less calories than that everyday you will lose 2 pounds a week and so on,how fast you want to lose is up to you) 
    4 Become a vegan. It helps weight loss! I swear! And it can also Be used as a reason as to why your eating differently. And be used as an excuse to not eat. 
    5 Exercise at least 30 minutes 6 days a week. It should really be 60 minutes 6 days a week. But 30 is the bare minimum. Make at least 1/2-2/3 of it cardio.

How does being a vegan actually help? I'm considering giving up all animal products if it helps me get to my UGW faster.

I'm glad I don't eat any dairy at all (except ice-cream), but should I extend this to meat/fish etc?
    TheRoadToPerfection

Post by TheRoadToPerfection on Sun 13 Sep - 17:08

Antimony wrote:Intermittent fasting is the BOMB. If you can get through most of the day without eating, even eating a gigantic dinner will keep you losing weight. I sometimes struggle to get up to 800-1000 cals, especially when I'm eating vegetarian (I eat meat only around my dad because he hates vegetarians).

I'll be your buddy!

Intermittent fasting is not eating every other day, right?
    Haricot Vert

Post by Haricot Vert on Mon 14 Sep - 2:04

TheRoadToPerfection wrote:
    Antimony wrote:Intermittent fasting is the BOMB. If you can get through most of the day without eating, even eating a gigantic dinner will keep you losing weight. I sometimes struggle to get up to 800-1000 cals, especially when I'm eating vegetarian (I eat meat only around my dad because he hates vegetarians).

I'll be your buddy!

Intermittent fasting is not eating every other day, right?

Intermittent fasting is where you have a time period that you can eat, and then you fast the rest of the time. Some people to one meal a day, like only breakfast or only dinner. Or you can set a time period where you're allowed to eat, like 8-10 a.m. or whatever works for you. Then you fast the rest of the time. Or you can do one day of eating and one day of fasting. It works because it's real easy to stick to.
    22Lily22

Post by 22Lily22 on Fri 18 Sep - 11:51

Purrexia wrote:If you mean that you're new to EDs, get out now before it gets horrible Neutral

Agreed Crying or Very sad
    thepursuitofhappiness

Post by thepursuitofhappiness on Tue 10 May - 19:53

I agree with Purrexia and 22Lily22. Having an ED is rough...It might sound like I'm being hypocritical as I'm here too, but me being here is simply me stating that after a long, painful, and tiresome road, I've given up on myself.
    CoolGurl

Post by CoolGurl on Sun 5 Jun - 5:02

TheRoadToPerfection wrote:
    CoolGurl wrote:1 Set your goal weights. 
    2 Get a buddy

How does being a vegan actually help? I'm considering giving up all animal products if it helps me get to my UGW faster.

I'm glad I don't eat any dairy at all (except ice-cream), but should I extend this to meat/fish etc?
    Sorry I am late but animal products tend to be high in sat fat and fat all around. No carbs. And our body stores animal fat easier than plant fat. And glad you are dairy free.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep - 11:12