Butterflies and Dragonflies United

This website does not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. The content of this site may be triggering. Browse at your own discretion.

A pro-ana website. We do not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. Browse at your own risk.

Latest topics

Quotes

Site Ideas

Admin
    Admin

Site Ideas

Post by Admin on Fri 16 May - 23:54

Obviously this site is new and under construction. Any ideas and constructive criticism will be welcome: ideas on schemes, forums, questions for FAQ, any technical difficulties, among other things.
    ButterflyAna

Re: Site Ideas

Post by ButterflyAna on Sun 18 May - 21:45

I saw a thread on another forum talking about gross movies. I know a lot of people use gross imagery to get rid of their appetites, so maybe make a forum to post gross triggering things.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Mon 19 May - 3:21

That is a good forum idea. I don't know of many other websites that have a dedicated forum for gross imagery. My only concern is the temptation to post reverse thinspo or fatspo. It gives the vibe that says, "I think they is gross," which can be disrespectful and seen as fat-shaming. Maybe instead of a Gross Forum, an anti-appetite forum or something similar may be less controversial.

Dragonflypixie

Post by Dragonflypixie on Mon 2 Jun - 4:25

How about a diet section for accountability? If I want to try doing the ABC or SGD diet I can post about it in a thread or find others to do the diet with me.
    Demonic

Post by Demonic on Mon 2 Jun - 5:16

Thinspo section? Or tumblr-style motivational posts?
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Tue 3 Jun - 5:20

I have added a thinspiration, an anti-thinspo, and a "nasty" section. I figured it would be best to keep those subjects separated to avoid potential conflicts.

As a bonus, I have added new smiley icons. Common meme faces are now available. When writing a quick reply, you can access them by clicking on the smiley face in the text menu. fuck yeah #fuckyeah
    ButterflyAna

Post by ButterflyAna on Tue 3 Jun - 5:30

rainbow face YOU MADE MEME FACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweet jesus  cuteness overload  omg rainbows  surprised gasp

THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Tue 3 Jun - 5:31

oh stop it, you!

You make me blush!

Dragonflypixie

Post by Dragonflypixie on Sun 8 Jun - 3:19

OH MY GOD MEME FACES!
      rainbow face I love memes!
    Nyx

Post by Nyx on Fri 27 Jun - 16:11

A competition/challenge forum would be really good! And a find-a-buddy forum.
    Nyx

Post by Nyx on Fri 27 Jun - 16:11

Maybe also a forum for off topic discussion as well?
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sat 28 Jun - 1:55

Thank you for the suggestions Nyx! I'm thinking of a good way to combine member diet journals, diet progress, group challenges, and find a buddy/coach. All of those things are so closely related that one forum to encompass all of them will get optimal views and discussions among the members. I'm just having a hard time thinking of an appropriate name.

Member's Corner? The Lounge? Member Journeys? Member Affairs? Dieter's Niche? Diet Hub?

The more I think about it, the more I'm liking something like "Journey Center." Each person can take his or her own path, whether it's with a buddy, in a group challenge, or solo.
    lavenderlilacgirl

Post by lavenderlilacgirl on Thu 3 Jul - 12:12

What about a fitness forum ?
    Alice_In_Hungerland

Post by Alice_In_Hungerland on Tue 8 Jul - 22:09

A couple of forums that would be cool to have since they coincide with eating disorders would be 1. a mental health forum and 2. a drugs and alcohol use forum.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Fri 11 Jul - 1:45

Ok. I added a fitness, nutrition, diet, and health section. Kind of like an ortho-paradise section.

When we reach 50 members and 500 posts, I will add the following forums:

Off-topic section
    Mental health section
    Drugs/alcohol section

For now, you can post touchy topics in the private member's forum (located as a subforum in the general discussion) and off-topic stuff in the general discussions (the anything-goes forum). The reason why I'm putting the delay is for incentive for member activity and spreading the word of this forum to get new members.
    calorified

Post by calorified on Sat 19 Jul - 4:34

A few ideas:

• similar to mpa I'd say a watercooler and a rant room
    • idk if it's possible, but somewhere on the site have a list of rankings of top most active users in the past 24 hours and top most liked posts of the day (I feel like this will help encourage new users to post)
    • when posting topics and posts, in the area with emoticons, perhaps add some common reaction memes?
    • if possible let users customize their profile such as background or layout. perhaps if possible also let users customize the color of the site so that the decorations are all the same (love the swirly designs btw) but someone who loves pink could change the blue to pink or someone else may like black etc.
    • let users earn achievements that will show up on the side bar area when they post as little ribbons or badges, ideas like 'received 20 likes','gave 20 likes', 'made 50 posts', 'added 20 friends', 'has posted in every forum' etc. This will encourage new users to post more if they have something to work for.
    • have an anonymous post forum for compliments and encouragements. idk how one would go about making such a thing but a forum where no matter what is posted there, everything comes up as anonymous and is just for complimenting or saying nice things to other members on the site.
    • if possible have line graphs available for each individual user where they can enter their weight every day and it will show them their progress. perhaps another line graph could be allowed for daily caloric intakes and then it can be overlapped with the weight graph so users can see how their daily intakes affect their weight.
    • last thing is have a message that pops up once every 24 hours/each new day that a user logs in that gives an inspirational message whether it be about keeping a good attitude or a weight loss mantra.

edit- also another idea that just popped into my head is to have a masterlist of BMIs somewhere on the site and every time a new user registers they have the option of adding their bmi to it. Each user can edit their own bmi every time they lose (or gain), with the option of taking themselves off/adding themselves to the list at any time. Similarly, you could also make it an option for users to give their heights and then add them to a list of others their height.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sat 19 Jul - 5:02

calorified wrote:

***lots of really good ideas***

I do like the rant-room and watercooler found in MPA. I am just cautious about adding way too many forums and subforums right now.

There is a way to see most active topics, top 20 posters of the day, and top 20 posters overall. It is on the right side in the light blue area under statistics on the home page.

The next time I have time to adjust CSS code, I'm going to work on profile layout. I'd love to have an interface similar to that on MPA with customization.

I also want to have multiple skins available at each user's choice. Some members, such as guys, may not like the blue swirly backgrounds and would prefer a more masculine scheme.

I really like the achievement idea. I'll look into how to make that possible without manually doing stuff like that.

The line graph would be entered as a javascript code. I have an option of making a homepage portal with various javascript codes and widgets. When I have time, I'll search for javascript codes that would complement this site, such as BMI calculators, weight trackers, and calorie logs.

Mantra message log would also be a javascript code that I would implement on the portal.

Thank you very much for the input!
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sat 19 Jul - 5:09

calorified wrote:
    edit- also another idea that just popped into my head is to have a masterlist of BMIs somewhere on the site and every time a new user registers they have the option of adding their bmi to it. Each user can edit their own bmi every time they lose (or gain), with the option of taking themselves off/adding themselves to the list at any time. Similarly, you could also make it an option for users to give their heights and then add them to a list of others their height.

I think this could be tied in with the weight-tracker idea. They can have an option for private, friends-only, or members-only for sharing their current stats. If the script is done right, it can be run with the data bank of everyone else who is using that script.

I have considered adding height and weight (and goal weights) to the profile information. I'll see about doing it.

Overall, I need to fix up the profiles, and then tackle scripts and widgets.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov - 11:43