Butterflies and Dragonflies United

This website does not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. The content of this site may be triggering. Browse at your own discretion.

A pro-ana website. We do not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. Browse at your own risk.

Latest topics

Quotes

Open Discussion on Forum's Fate

Admin
    Admin

Open Discussion on Forum's Fate

Post by Admin on Sun 27 Sep - 1:39

As mentioned in the site news, I'm considering moving the forum to a new platform to allow a forum app for smartphone use. This would mean information (profiles, threads, etc) would not be preserved. This is a place to voice your views on whether it is worth the migration.

I personally think there would be a lot of benefits to migration:

• an app available for smartphones so users don't have to worry about clearing browser history
    • chance to rename and refurbish site so it appears to both genders as males can also have EDs
    • can formulate a front that doesn't scream "pro-ana" for protection while browsing in public

Concerns to migrating:

• people who've been gone a long time and try to return wouldn't get the memo. However, I can send a newsletter email to all members as needed and leave a directory message on the front page
    • the hassle of learning a new platform to set up the subforums and site skin
    • the hassle of everyone creating a new profile
    • all topics would be lost

I'm thinking about having almost a "wikipedia" style for certain tips & tricks threads: a well written, concise list of tricks that members can read and submit edits. Examples would include the "how to purge" thread.

Let me know if these ideas sound good.
    SkinnyRoses

Re: Open Discussion on Forum's Fate

Post by SkinnyRoses on Wed 30 Sep - 7:49

I think that another platform would be good. It's better to do it before the forum is incredibly active.

A pro-ana wiki typed thing would be interesting.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Thu 1 Oct - 5:59

good point about migrating the new platform sooner than later. I have a new platform that fits all the forum's needs, but I'm curious to if there should be a name change.

Ideas I have are:
    feather weight
    dreamcatchers

but I'm open for suggestions
    HollowPerfection

Post by HollowPerfection on Thu 5 Nov - 17:01

I also agree that it would be better to move sooner rather than later. Plus being smartphone compatible might increase activity as well Smile

I like the idea of feather light or something like that Smile
    PandarenGurl

Post by PandarenGurl on Mon 23 Nov - 22:43

I'd like that, as well.  I have an iPhone 4s, and would LOVE to have an app for this forum!  Please contact me when it's done....

pandarengurl@gmail.com

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov - 11:44