Butterflies and Dragonflies United

This website does not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. The content of this site may be triggering. Browse at your own discretion.

A pro-ana website. We do not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. Browse at your own risk.

Latest topics

Quotes

Kalan from MPA

Caelan

Kalan from MPA

Post by Caelan on Wed 30 Dec - 16:37

Hi! I'm Kalan from MPA.  Smile

The username Kalan was taken in this forum and I don't remember it being me registering it, at least I couldn't recover the password with any of my emails.  confused

So I'm using a different spelling.

I was never diagnosed an ED, I was diagnosed depression (different types by different doctors) and a personality disorder. I wasn't told which personality disorder specifically, but I suspect BPD. At the time I already had disordered eating behaviour, but I didn't suspect an ED, as I mostly binged. I think the disordered eating slowly crept in from bingeing alternating with dieting until this past year when the dieting has gone more extreme (I did a commercial VLCD for 5 weeks which led to a massive binge) and I also started fasting and purging. 

Perhaps I would be diagnosed EDNOS or Bulimia. I have stages where I can restrict, fast and exercise (I mostly walk for hours) to compensate the bingeing, but I'm not good at keeping it up. I also don't seem to ever lose weight, I lose but then I gain, I always go back to the same weight all the time, always borderline overweight which I hate. I can only stop myself from gaining more.

I do not seek a formal ED diagnosis. I don't trust psychiatry because I think they do not understand the human mind as well as they claim. They also coerce people which I believe is wrong. I don't want to be hospitalized, medicated or fed against my will.

This forum seems more "me" right now than MPA. It's not that I want to become very ill but I want to be free to by myself as I am and to ask for tips.

I obsess with becoming thin, which I never was, mostly with having thin thighs. I want to be 41 Kg when I become 41 years old. I want help to achieve this goal.

I binge and I'm getting addicted to purging and I would like to learn to restrict instead.
    Caelan

Re: Kalan from MPA

Post by Caelan on Wed 30 Dec - 18:29

Why is this website dead? I was full of hope. Sad