Butterflies and Dragonflies United

This website does not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. The content of this site may be triggering. Browse at your own discretion.

A pro-ana website. We do not promote the development of anorexia or any other eating disorder. Browse at your own risk.

Latest topics

Quotes

Core Essentials

ButterflyAna

Core Essentials

Post by ButterflyAna on Tue 20 May - 1:07

Before I say anything, just want to say FIRST POST!!!! HAHA SUCK IT, ADMIN! Razz

Alright, with that out of the way, here's a list of my core essentials.

1. Don't announce to the world that you are dieting. The more you say that, the more they will pay attention to your weight lost and what you eat. Some people may even say, "you're too skinny, you don't need to diet." Others may go as far as to purposely "sabotage" your diet.

2. Avoid suspicion. You can politely decline food, but people start to wonder when you never eat what they offer you. It is better to eat a little something to appease them than to always refuse. Eating a bite of salad or a cookie is much better in the long run to throw off your trail than being watched like a hawk.

3. Exercise is key. You instantly burn calories, you burn more calories when your resting, and muscle will make you look thinner than "skinny fat." It distracts yourself from eating, and it can reduce your immediate appetite.

4. There are good carbs and bad carbs. Good carbs are fruit and vegetables. Bad carbs are anything processed, grains, potatoes, beans, added gluten, and yeast. Don't feel bad about eating good carbs. Avoid eating bad carbs.

5. Protein is good. It's much better to have non-processed meat than processed stuff. A piece of steak is much better than a sausage. Fish is amazing, same with poultry.

6. Dairy is underrated. Yogurt and non-fat milk have components that help bind to fat and prevent you from absorbing as much. Plus, you need a lot of calcium if you're eating lots of protein. The only reason why anti-dairy people say dairy is bad for bones and dieting is because western populations (that eat dairy) have a higher rate of osteoporosis and obesity than their non-western counterparts. That's bull. Westerners don't eat enough calcium to compensate their protein intake. Also most westerners eat too much in general.

7. Vegan/vegetarian for weight loss purposes only doesn't work. If you're vegan or vegetarian for animal rights and morals, that's perfectly fine. But it's not worth it as a diet.

8. Don't weigh yourself too often. Once a week is enough. Weigh too often and you'll freak out over the daily fluctuations of weight gain and lost. It takes time to see fat-loss differences, and water and food weight is what shows up on most of the "I lost 5 pounds over night" diets.

9. Over shoot your goal weight. When you start eating a maintenance diet, you will gain some weight back (3-5 pounds) as your stomach and intestines start filling with food. If your ultimate goal is 85, stop dieting when you reach 82 pounds and slowly ease into maintaining your weight.

10. Water! Water! Water! Water is key to life. It's key to health. When you are restricting your food intake, you are also indirectly restricting your water intake. You need to drink more water. Tea, juice, and soda count towards water intake levels, but sweetened tea, juice, and soda often have extra calories (and refined sugar, which is a bad carb from #4).

---

The "ana lifestyle" is a razor's edge between being skinny and developing an eating disorder. It is dancing between power and death. You wager your social life, your health, and your soul when you do this. If you think you've fallen on the wrong side of things, seek psychological and medical help.
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Core Essentials

Post by Admin on Tue 20 May - 1:19

Technically I made the first post in this forum, stickied. So no, I'm not going to suck it. Wink
    bunbun

Post by bunbun on Mon 21 Jul - 23:49

Thank you so much for this! I was considering going vegetarian for the weight loss, but you've changed my mind.
    ButterflyAna

Post by ButterflyAna on Tue 22 Jul - 0:04

Yeah. There's so much binge food out there that's vegetarian or vegan like chocolate, pasta, nuts, bread, potato chips, and other junk food. It doesn't significantly limit your palate enough to cause indirect restriction, especially if you're the one buying all your food. It can only have an effect if you're dependent on eating food from other people (like family or spouse) who do not adjust for the vegetarian or vegan choice.
    Yourstoxically

Post by Yourstoxically on Thu 24 Jul - 0:48

ButterflyAna wrote:Yeah. There's so much binge food out there that's vegetarian or vegan like chocolate, pasta, nuts, bread, potato chips, and other junk food. It doesn't significantly limit your palate enough to cause indirect restriction, especially if you're the one buying all your food. It can only have an effect if you're dependent on eating food from other people (like family or spouse) who do not adjust for the vegetarian or vegan choice.
    Exactly why I haven't gone vegan/vegetarian.
    chiffonbunny

Post by chiffonbunny on Sun 30 Aug - 13:35

Yeah I wanted to be vegan, but I'd die if I couldn't eat eggs anymore <3 One of my biggest safe foods
    TheRoadToPerfection

Post by TheRoadToPerfection on Sun 30 Aug - 13:48

There are some things I agree and some things I don't. I do make it known that I'm in favour of being skinny but I don't actively show that I am dieting. Idk, I like making people aware that the reason I'm making myself skinny is because of the utter bastards that hurt me in real life. I'll fucking show them what they are making me do to myself.
    agenderfenderbender

Post by agenderfenderbender on Sat 3 Oct - 14:17

I didn't realize that calcium was so important if you eat lots of protein! Good thing I recently bought calcium supplements! I'm also planning on getting myself a small thing of nonfat milk to share with my mom since she won't drink 2% milk anyways so I can drink milk and she can too, so it doesn't look I'm buying myself "diet food" (anything that's not full-sugar, has fat, or is vegetarian/vegan is considered diet food in my family it makes everything so much harder)
    Caelan

Post by Caelan on Wed 30 Dec - 17:56

I find number 8 very hard. I have to weight myself everyday or I feel I don't see the damage of bingeing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov - 11:40